The Inner South has just been blessed with a brand new sophisticated evening venue, featuring great food and even better wine. We visited Highgate House over the opening weekend and were immediately impressed with the fresh ‘bohemian manor’ look, which is a substantial difference since the major refurbishments of the space that was Little Brooklyn.
The vibe is relaxed yet classy and gives Canberrans a chance to enjoy the best of both worlds when looking for a place to settle in for dinner through to a late night dance, or a long lunch of light, quality food and ever flowing Rosé…
We adored these 5 dishes, so do yourself a favour and add them to your must-eat list immediately:
1. Sweet potato and gruyere croquettes
2. King Fish Ceviche with avocado, eschallot, wasabi peas, cucumber salsa and shiso
3. Twice cooked lady lamb ribs, black bean vinaigrette
4. Buttermilk chicken, pan sauce and lemon
5. Tonka bean panna cotta, quince, honeycomb and basil
Have you treated yourself to Highgate House yet? If so, tell us what your favourite dish was is in the comments.
Taste the Venice Beach vibes, drink in the So Cal nights and live the highgate life.