Virtual meetings are the new norm for many but clothing that works in real life doesn’t always translate well to screen. Some tips to make it work best for you:
- Small checks, pinstripes, polka dots, and herringbone as they can strobe on screen.
- Busy patterns, reflective or shiny materials and noisy jewellery or fabrics as they are distracting and the focus on you is lost.
- Lots of white as you can appear overexposed with no definition, therefore making you look washed out
A knit dress is easy to dress up and down and can layer with ease.
- Matching the occasion: a button-up blouse or blazer for a formal meeting and a sweater, cardigan or plain long-sleeved top for a more casual dress code.
- Solid colours in a hue that flatter your complexion.
- Fitted rather than slouchy, oversized clothing which on-screen can appear sloppy or unprofessional
A more formal blazer works a treat.
Advice provided from Canberra Outlet Stylist – Tracey Davis Styling