Whilst skin care is important year-round, your skin needs that extra loving during the colder months, as the cold air can cause havoc to our skin leaving us feeling as scaly as a fish.
We have compiled a few formulas for DIY Face Masks to hydrate and plump with staple ingredients that can be found in your cupboards at home.
Oatmeal, Honey, Yogurt & Strawberry Face Mask… hydrate, anti-acne & soothe
A face mask to hydrate and soothe your skin, with the added ingredient of strawberries to help treat and eliminate acne with their anti-aging and anti-acne properties.
¼ cup dry rolled oats
2 tbsp plain yoghurt (organic is possible)
2 tbsp organic honey
- Blend oats until they are a powder consistency
- Pour into a bowl
- Mix in yoghurt and honey
- Mince strawberries in a blender
- Stir minced strawberry mixture into the mix. If the consistency is too watery add more oats
- Let mixture stand for 10 – 15 minutes
- Apply mixture to clean skin
- Keep on for 10 – 20 minutes then rinse off with water.
Honey, Avocado & Oats …. Hydrate and Nourish
Each ingredient is included to do their individual part of their skin. Honey helps keep your skin hydrated whilst increasing healing and tissue regeneration. Avo helps remove skin roughness and makes it feel smoother than ever. And the oats? They help to nourish, calm and soothe your skin.
½ avocado, mashed
1 tbsp honey
Handful of oats
- Mix honey with oats
- Add mashed avocado to mixture and stir
- Apply a mask to face either with hands or a makeup brush and leave on for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Finish with your usual skincare regime.
Honey, Lemon & Eggwhite … Minimise Enlarged Pores
Image source: @fidelisliving
A super quick and easy face mask that works. Egg white and lemon properties help tighten the skin whilst reducing the appearance of enlarged pores, and the added honey helps boost moisture in the skin!
1 egg white
1 tbsp honey
A squeeze of lemon juice
Whisk together egg whites, honey and lemon juice. Use a makeup brush apply to your face. Let it soak on your face for about 25 minutes and then rinse off with water. Finish with a moisturiser.
Green tea and raspberries… brighten, brig
Simple ingredients that are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C to help brighten your skin! Green tea is a great anti-inflammatory and raspberries are packed with vitamin C to help brighten your dull skin.
1 cup water, boiled
1 green tea bag
- Steep your green tea in boiling water for approx 2 minutes
- Cut open the tea bag and remove the tea leaves into a small ball.
- Add the raspberries to the leaves and combine to make a paste-like texture.
- Allow the mixture to cool and then apply to your face.
- Leave on for 15 minutes
- Wash off with warm water and complete with moisturiser
Banana, Honey, Yoghurt and Turmeric… Blump, Brighten and moisturise
Who knew bananas could be so good for your skin, but they actually contain potassium, vitamin B-6, vitamin C and vitamin A that helps to brighten and plump. Honey is great for anti-inflammatory and yoghurt helps to soothe, whilst turmeric helps to brighten. After this application you’ll notice your fine lines plumped and your skin looking smoother than ever before.
1 ripe banana & peel
½ tsp honey, raw
1 tsp full-fat yoghurt
1 pinch of turmeric
- Slice banana peel
- Mash banana with fork
- Mix together with honey, yoghurt and turmeric until you form a yellow paste consistency.
- Apply a thin layer to your skin
- Let sit for 10 minutes and then wash off with warm water
- Apply moisturizer
Which face masks will you be testing out this weekend?